Friday, January 5, 2018

'Paint Me' by Mamamoo

SINGLE RELEASE

Mamamoo (Facebook/Mamamoo)

Artist
K-pop group: Mamamoo
Members: Solar, Moonbyul, Wheein, Hwasa
Background:
Mamamoo was formed in 2014 by Rainbow Bridge World, which was formerly known as WA Entertainment. The group was nominated as Best Korean Act at the 2017 MTV Europe Music Awards but lost to GFriend. 

Single
Title: "Paint Me"
Release date: January 4, 2018
Genre: Ballad
Lyrics: (translated from Korean to English)

One coat, two coats, I am being painted.
Here and there, I am being carved.
Keep on painting me.

White, when I didn’t have you.
I was white like a canvas.
I was lonely but my days were peaceful, as always.

Yellow, when you suddenly came to me.
Before I knew it, my heart was filled
With warmth of the spring quite naturally.

I’m being painted one by one like watercolors.
I am being carved here and there, like a tattoo.
Everywhere you touched me,
There’s a different color of memories
That are coated over.
It’s becoming darker and darker like a pitch-dark night.

Keep on painting me with more memories.
Hurry and paint me with your scents.
So that you can’t be erased.
So that nobody but you can be drawn in my heart.

Red, the moment you held me passionately.
My heart erupted like a volcano.
There’s a red remnant in my heart.
It is still warm.

Blue, the day I cried for the first time because of you.
Like the ocean with unfathomable depths,
It has been drawn so blue.
Do you remember?

I am being painted one by one like watercolors.
I am being carved here and there like a tattoo.
Everywhere you touched me,
There’s a different color of memories that are coated over.
It’s becoming darker and darker like a pitch-dark night.

Keep on painting me with more memories.
Hurry and paint me with your scents.
So that you can’t be erased.
So that nobody but you can be drawn in my heart.

It’s okay if I turn blacker and blacker.
Our memories are becoming thicker and thicker like espresso.

Yeah, keep on coating me.
Don’t stop yourself.
I am meaningless without you.
Fill me up completely
So that there are no empty spaces.
You are my only artist.


Artist's Discography Summary
Previous studio albums: 1
Previous EPs: 5
Previous singles as a lead artist:13
Previous singles as a featured artist: 1


Music Video


No comments:

Post a Comment